Friday, November 5, 2010

Pet Peeves

When I was working I had a whole list of pet peeves, and it got added to on a regular basis. Most sentances I used were started, "one of my biggest pet peeves is _____." Now that I am at home all the time, I have a new set of pet peeves. Today just has to be particularly full of them...so here ya'll go. Now here is the disclaimer-I am not talking about anyone specifically unless I say names:) So don't get all upset thinking that I am blogging about you, I have just had recent experiences in each of these areas that made me need to vent:)

1-I went to get a much needed coke across town to the only station with a drive through. Pulled up, they have a sign on the window that says "We will be happy to help you when you are DONE with your phone call." I put my phone down and ordered my drink. A 44 oz coke. So the attendant left and chatted with her co-worker for a minute and then came back and asked me what drink again....coke! She then finished her conversation about her daughters horse with the co-worker while my coke sat on the counter longing for me to drink it. Probably five minutes later she gave me my coke. I ended my phone conversation so I could give you my FULL attention, and I don't get yours? Now I don't think socializing at work is wrong, and you can have a conversation when you are not needed to help a customer! But making someone wait so you can talk about something totally unrelated to your job is not ok...ever!

2-Child Comparisons. All children grow and develop different, period. Your kid is no better than mine because he/she walked, talked, or was potty trained earlier. When we compare our kids like this it just makes us feel like bad parents...when we are absolutely not. I have heard one mom I know say something bad about every single other child in our area....not ok, that's not your place.

3-Child Discipline-This kind of goes along with number 2. There are some friends in life that you get together with and you feel comfortable enough "disciplining" each others kids. This is a very fine line though....don't you think? It sometimes makes me feel bad when my kids get in trouble for something at someone elses house that is ok at our house. They really don't know better. Now I don't mind a nice "hey, we don't have food out of the kitchen at our house," but getting upset with them isn't ok with me. If there is a major problem, please talk to me and I will fix it! On the other hand, watch your kids and try to step in and solve the problem before I have to talk to you about it....I will try and do the same. (some examples are sharing, hitting, and potty language) If you really can't stand how my kids act...we probably shouldn't be friends....right?

4-Is it really harder to put your laundry in the hamper than on the floor next to the hamper?

5-Trick or Treat candy wrappers, everywhere.

6-Throwing away leftovers. Such a waste! But if I didn't cook enough for leftovers, someone would be super hungry and want seconds and not get any!

7-How much time I waste daily blog hopping reading useless information about crafts and coupons.

8-Laundry in general.

9-Unloading the dishwasher.

10-Overly emotional children (all three today).

11-How much my daughter spills drinks, and the evil looks I get when I give her a sippy cup. It's a double edge sword I tell ya!

12-Unsolicited advice on children....it all depends on how you tell me. (This could go with 2 and 3).

13-The fact that I am now keeping a written journal, so I have to type this and then write it down! HA!

1 comment:

The Thomas Family said...

I new what or who you were talking about on every single one of your pet peeves because I have been on the phone with you when you half of them happened. Love you!

My Family

My Family
I am usually the one taking the pictures....